Archives Mensuelles: janvier 2012
Visiting Professor to teach French Conversation courses for 2012 Spring Semester Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk Province, Korea
1. Opening Position (visiting professor)
Wonkwang University is looking for applicants for a visiting professor position for our undergraduate French Program beginning March 1, 2012. Wonkwang University is a large private Buddhist university located in Iksan, Jeonbuk province, Korea. It serves over 20,000 students.
2. Qualifications :
1) Native speaker of French with Master’s degree or higher.
2) Preference for those who have at least 2 years of university, high school, middle school, elementary school, teaching experience.
3. Contract period :
1) The initial contract is for one year. March 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013.
2) Renewal based on the evaluation of course assessments and others.
4. Responsibilities :
1) 9 hours per week of teaching during the spring and fall semesters.
2) Completion of grading by the end of each semester.
3) maintain a minimum of 6 office hours per week.
4) Participate in course and materials development
5) Besides lectures, cooperate with the related activities for the department and the foreign collaboration such as a sisterhood relationship with French University.
– On the day of the interview, the applicant should submit the detailed proposal for the foreign collaboration and French University.
5. Salary & Benefits :
1) 2.5 million Korean wons per month
2) Fully paid summer and winter vacations. (8 weeks each)
3) 50% of Private School Pension Plan and Medical insurance coverage
4) Overtime payment will be paid for extra classes over your regular hours or during vacation
5) Housing : There are two types. You have a free choice.
a. Semi-furnished, studio type housing provided on campus. For single units, you should pay a monthly maintenance fee of 70,000 wons and also basic utilities.
b. Well-furnished, studio type housing provided outside campus. For single units, you should pay a deposit of 500,000 wons, a monthly rent of 400,000 wons and also basic utilities.
6. Required documents :
2) Cover letter
3) Two Letters of Recommendation
4) Recent Photo
5) Copy of Passport ID Page
6) Copies of all diplomas and certificates
7) Copies of all academic transcripts
8) Certification of teaching experience if available
* The finalists will need to supply the following additional documents at the time of the employment.
1) Original diploma(s)
2) Notarized copy of University Diploma(s) (Copy with the Apostille stamp and/or a notarized copy from the Korean embassy in your home country or the relevant documents from the Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) if in Korea)
3) Original National Criminal Background Check
4) Signed Self-health statements
5) 7 Recent color photos (Four 3.4 X 4.5 cm and three 5 X 7 cm)
7. Procedures :
1) Deadline for e-mail application : 2012. 1. 20 (Friday) 17:00
2) Announcement of candidates and interview schedule.
* Candidates for interviews will be informed individually.
4) Final Announcement
* The finalists will be informed individually.
8. How to apply :
Submit application materials by e-mail to the following address.
9. Address for sending documents
Wonkwang University, European Culture, College of Humaities
344-2, Shinyong-dong, Iksan, Jeonbuk, 570-749
For more specific information about the position, please contact Dr. Cheong Ock-Sang, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
All documents can be written in French, English or Korean.